Folks,

Dux:

I whole heartedly agree with the proposal for the statue however it would seem to be something for you Brits to decide for yourselves? Odd how those greats of WW2 were not always treated so well. Churchill turned out of office Dowding more or less spurned. If Yanks can participate and my signature would be considered proper LMK.

I'm not entirely sure that there will be another chapter forthcoming. I hope that there will.

I've got 4 more books stacked on the bedside table. "Top Guns" by Joe Foss. "The Jolly Rogers Sqdn. VF-17" by Blackburn. "Warthog" by Smallwood. And "Sniper" by Gilbert. As usual, I am reading all 4 at the same time. With my newly functioning MA in mind, there is some interesting reading in "Top Guns" regarding aerial combat in Korea. According to Foss, very few kills were attributable to deflection shooting. Most kills came from a position on the six of the enemy fighter. I assume this was meant for the jets and not the Yaks, F51s or Corsairs. I'll need to read more.

Thanks. Perhaps T will eventually find someone who cannot live without that Washburn guitar? A former Navy Seal buddy just gave him a P4 2.7 Gig Compaq computer with XP loaded if he could just repair it...and we did. Lucky rascal. I gave him some instructions over the phone last night and this morning he called to say that it worked a treat. The thing is almost 3 years old he says. Probably cost $2K when new. Something his pal's x-wife kindly left behind after trying to sabotage it. Imagine a woman doing something like that....

Sorry about the truss-rod thingy. Your Guitar eh? OK. It must be, for no one has ever before had a problem getting the 'action' down low enough for Olga....

Are you cool and cloudy or hot and bothered in Derbyshire? We have a heat wave here with temps soaring to 100F./38 C. This may continue through a good part of next week. I suppose I'll have to throw ice cubes out into the back garden for the sweltering cats to sit on.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019