Folks,

Dux:

I'm re-reading from my collection of exciting stories from the Great War...the first one. "Iron Men With Wooden Wings" and "The Sky Kings" by Arch Whitehouse. Fascinating stuff and amazing their adventures were.

We never built an aircraft when I was a kid. We did try to fly off a shed with a bath towel around our necks somewhat like Superman. No, the first try was a dismal and painful failure...and so I only tried it 11 more times....

Living near the mighty Tar River as we did, (we were affectionately known as 'River Rats') we kids did build a submarine once. Well, it wasn't strictly SUPPOSED to be a submarine. It was SUPPOSED to be a raft... it only ACTED like a submarine. As captain, I am proud to report that, although we lost our vessel and the brave crew got mighty wet, none were actually drowned. Ummmmm. The dog went missing for a few days but finally he made his way home. wink

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019