Folks,

P2:

Thank you for reading my story. I do hope that you will enjoy Bournmouth. \:\)

Well Dux, this is either the first tiny flame in over 5000 posts in 7 long years on this otherwise pristinely flame-free thread or someone's much heralded dry sense of humor is showing. Regardless, in the interest of learning, constructive criticism is and always has been welcome here. \:\)

Thank you most kindly P2 for correcting a serious error in my historic terminology. And we also belatedly thank you Brits for giving us the secret to that essential valve (we call it a tube). I'd like to think of it as a trade for all the nifty wartime stuff we lent to you? And perhaps before the war was over the blood that was spilled by those Yanks had almost earned it as well?

If by 'prat' you mean someone of another nationality who sincerely struggles daily to get a grasp of the common language that separates us, I am a prat. There is no excuse other than my ignorance at the time. As you will note, that particular story was written in 2002 and I seldom edit these stories when I post them again. Hopefully, with the help of scholars like yourself, I hope that I have learned a bit more about the war since then especially regarding the differences in our respective terminology. Remember too that many of these stories are written from an American perspective as the character JRT is an American serving in the RAF. I hope that he can also be forgiven for his honest errors in terminology as well.

Brits developed RADAR....? This is food for thought. The next thing I'll be hearing is that the Russians got the engine for their MiG 15 from the Brits......

If there was anyone of any nationality who read my story who did not understand what I meant by the term RADAR you will, as I am, be most thankful to the friendly, scholarly P2 for this helpful correction. I cordially invite you P2 and anyone else who would care to post one of his own BoB stories to do so right away. Teaching by good example is always best, don't you think?

Sorry I am for the error. Anyone wishing their money back including P2 should bring their receipt and apply in person to our paymaster C51 who is presently hid... laying lo...living in Toronto Canada. ;\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019