Folks,

Thanks for the new pic C51 and SNAFU. Looks like one from the museum, right?

The more I read the happier I am to be paying a paltry $1.95 for each and every gallon of gas.

LOL. While it is unfortunately quite true that the criteria for becoming a gas station attendant in the US does not generally include even a passing knowledge of current events, geography or even world history, ain't our American entrepreneurial spirit grand? A real money-making idea is coming to my feverish mind. We must help our friends overseas. They have too long been over burdened by high fuel costs and heavy taxes.

Men, we need a VERY long pipe and some hefty pumping gear. Yes, indeedy, Those poor Brits would gladly pay us a hefty profit for every tax-free $5 gallon we pump over there and still save bags of pounds in the bargain. \:D

How? Here's how. I've worked most of it out already. We all have gardens, right? So we all have garden hoses. Hmmmmm. If we meet somewhere on the east coast (near a huge gas station of coarse) we could attach all our hoses together end-to-end and using SNAFU's boat we could ......

OK, OK maybe not, but hear me out, if Dux and Olga set out from his side of the ocean with a row boat and a long hose about the same time we leave from over here then we would meet them somewhere in the middle Atlantic and that would save a pile of time......

I heard that raspberry C51.

That was insensitive and terribly unkind sir. Really, perhaps it's just a 'pipe' dream but you can't blame a guy for trying to make a buck. Besides which there's a full share in the profits for you and Lady "M" if you help me talk Old Dux, SNAFU and others into agreeing to participate in this glorious, and even partially altruistic enterprise. Hold it.... how much are you Canadians paying for gas?

Canadians are our neighbors and they are our friends, right? We should help them too. We should help them first. According to my well thumbed world atlas which I got as a premium down at my favorite gas station, there isn't nearly as much wet stuff between here and Canada. Hey, maybe we can get rich and we won't even need the boats fellows. ;\)

Oh yes, my gas station attendant overheard me mention Canada to SWMNBN the other day. He has been working at the station a long time and we know each other pretty well. Anyway, when he heard me say 'Canada' he thought we might be going there.

Aparently as he took our money he had that very thought in mind because he asked us to bring him back a bag of sand, a few fresh-picked oranges, a grapefruit or two and a small palm tree. We promised him that we would. :rolleyes:

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019