Originally Posted By: Jolly Roger Two

TK:

I would be remiss if I did not mention our other Canadian pal C51 who lives in Toronto. We keep in constant touch by e-mail now. Unfortunately, he is temporarilly without a computer at home and cannot use his computer at work to browse the web. C51 is a teacher of music in the Ontario school system. He also plays music professionally and is an exceptionally fine artist and painter. We miss him on these pages. You may still find his artwork here:

http://ca.geocities.com/magpie6268@rogers.com/

JRT, thanks for the info and link. I checked out his work and he is a very talented artist indeed. I worked for a number of years in a College Arts Faculty and can appreciate the talent that shines out of those paintings.

Alas, I feel honour bound to clear up a little misapprehension that appears to have cropped up. You see, I do not have that golden nectar otherwise known up here as 'myrple syrple' flowing through my veins but a rather strange mix of 20% NAAFI tea (strength 4), 30% brown ale and the rest made up of best dark mild and real ale! I am in fact a replanted Limey who has been stranded on these cold and snow blown shores for the past 15+ years after buying a one-way, economy class, ticket to save money!

The son of an ex-Royal Marine Commando of WWII vintage, who took part in the D-Day landings (amongst other adventures), I learned to imbibe vast quantities of NAAFI tea at a tender age while a member of the ATC (RAF Cadets) in the early 70's. It was at that time that I had my only 'hands on' flying experiences too. In many ways I can relate to all the stories that you, Dux and all the others have regaled us with as in my mind's eye I am transported back over the years to the airfields of my youth. I can see the buildings with the white-washed rocks lining the roadways, the freshly mown grass, the planes off in the distance being readied for the next flight and I can almost believe I can smell the wonderful aromas of aviation fuel, hot engines and for some reason a faint whiff of sewerage from Old Farmer Drubbins' pig farm next door (unless that's Olga's aftershave I can smell!...it does tend to linger a bit doesn't it!)

Long may this thread continue as it is truly one of a kind!

Larry
BDG (BoB Development Group) Member
A2A (formerly Shockwave) Beta-Tester