Folks,

Dux:

Rain? We have buckets...barrels of it.

TS/Hurricane Hanna is almost upon us at 1 AM Saturday. Our luck ran out with this one as she traks right over us tonight. It isn't Catrina or even Gustav but up to 10 inches of rain and winds up to 60 mph are quite enough thank you.

I'm typing tonight on a laptop about twenty miles from home where our son lives. We'll go home tomorrow afternoon if we can to see if According to the TV there is any damage. We can expect trees and limbs down with this storm so the power may go off. They have a generator here so we'll have lights and water but no cooling. Humidity is incredibly high with high temps and that makes it really uncomfortble with no A/C.

According to the TV the storm is just now coming inland. I can think of several thousand things I'd rather do on my birthday than experience another hurricsne.

Thanks SimHQ Admin for the note with your good wishes.

This storm is a fast mover and what is left of her will already be in C51 territory by Sunday.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019