Good Day Lads,

Old Dux, congrats on the Azorean Yellow-legged Gull, I believe that has only been a countable bird for a few years. That one deserves ample post-sighting libation. Double-crested Cormorants were scarce in Ontario 25 years ago, but now there are countless numbers of them. The Great Lakes fishing industry is not impressed.

JRT, it is never bad to get an unexpected Shag by the riverside, but it is more likely that you just saw a Boobie and thought it could be a Shag. Brown Boobie would be the most likely of the Boobies. Or it could have been a first winter Red-necked Grebe if the bird was a bit smaller.

McG, my mouth is watering and my hands are twitching at the thought of eating Tandoori followed by RoF on your wicked fast computer. Much deserved I say. The snow has started north of Toronto but has not arrived in the city yet. I usually bet on the winter winds to do my shoveling for me. Or patience helps. I have never waited more than 6 months for the snow to disappear on its own. good to hear W 7 is working well for you

"you know you've done a wheels up landing when it takes full power to taxi."