Folks,

Well, that got a prompt reply from Old Dux. He writes:
-------------------------------------------------
......Just to re-cap;

Have tried the password retrieval procedure four times but without reply.

Forum FAQ suggests disabling cookies (2) which may be impeding above procedure and I have done that but without success.

How can I check if the Forum 'email feature' is turned on if I can't login to view my registration details!?

Still no email from 'Contact Us' facility, but will try again.

In the meantime I will have another look for that bloody notebook but I think it was lost in the house move in June.

Otherwise all is O.K.here old mate and thanks for inquiring!
-------------------------------------------------
Brethren, it seems there is another glitch in the SimHQ system similar to what happened to Stickman and to me twice. You'd think they'd fix this obvious bug. There is no reason why the auto response system should not reply unless you have been totally "lost" to the system if the e-mail feature is turned on in your profile for our forum. Dux must think it is turned on. Without a password he can't check it. If there were many others who are having the same problem as Dux the system may be swamped of coarse and this might explain why he has not heard from anyone yet.

Dux, try contacting Ken Cook at kccook23@aol.com he usually can be of help. Remember though that when I repeatedly contacted these (not Ken) guys with my own continuing log-on problems they were somewhat angry in their final responses to me. They suggested all the above and when that didn't work all they said was "it's a software thing" you have to re-register. So I did.

The last time this happened to me after some ugly sounding e-mails they finally fixed the problem for me and got me back on since it had already happened to me once before. I do not know what was done on my behalf or how difficult it was to do but it worked and I did not have to re-register that time.

Try Ken Cook. He has access to the system. Maybe he can at least get your password back for you so you can try that to get back in. Perhaps there is something they've come up with that can be done to help you if for some reason they can't retrieve the old password. Something is amiss here and the admin. should be replying to requests for info.

All this having been said you'll probably agree with me that overall this is a well run web site with few problems and very little "down time". We enjoy our priviledges at the pleasure and considerable expense of the owner of this site and do so without paying for those priviledges.

I am a total organization freak yet I also know what it is like to move and misplace loads of stuff. You may never find it. I keep all my passwords locked in 2 easy to reach places.

Everyone turn toward England and Derbyshire, cross your fingers and say a silent prayer. That done, limber up your typing fingers and sit poised for the high sign from me to begin the friendly if demanding flood of letters to the admin. if Dux doesn't get lucky with Ken Cook.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019