Gents,

Old Dux, only you could compose something sounding so cerebral, yet which touches the reader so viscerally. If you check your family tree I'm sure you will find some rootlets directly from Limerick. Never fear, your secret is safe with us.

JRT, I for one am relieved that Thanksgiving will not find you attempting to smelt an enormous bird. Perhaps you could rent some space in the local iron foundary for this purpose. Or better still, let the poor creatures live out their natural lives in peace and try a tofu substitute recipes for Turkey, Chicken or Duck. You could call them Tofurkey, Toficken and To... okay maybe you could make up a new name.

Old Dux, the big problem with your Turkeys is that they shouldn't be there in the first place. Completely unnatural. Why not go out and bag yourself a tasty Capercaille instead? I have an older friend who as a young lady was cook in a manor house in England. She would be presented with a game bird which was shot on the property. She would then let it hang until the maggots infested the carcass before perparing the bird to be eaten. Yum!

"you know you've done a wheels up landing when it takes full power to taxi."