Folks,

Dux:

What incredible power you have. Simply by mentioning that you will be buying last minute presents, the stock price on distilled spirits just went up two points and the winery over in Studley Grange responsible for producing Château Thames Embankment has put up a help wanted sign.

We cheerfully welcome No457_Squog. I was not aware that we had anyone from "down unda" reading our humble thread. We did have someone from New Zealand for quite some time. Wagonuilad or something like that. I have always been much impressed by the friendly international nature of this forum and thread. BoB appeals to so many. It is going on nine years now that we have been posting here, a trifle longer for the forum I guess.

Dux, you will have to let Santa in and put out the cat tonight. It seems our retired Beefeater and handyman Leroy has found the bottle of vodka hidden in your Christmas stocking that Olga brewed up just for your holiday enjoyment and he is.... er.... he is... somewhat relaxed. In fact, he is so relaxed that he cannot move.

Worry not, I inspected it and the bottle is mostly untouched. So powerful is the proof of that deadly spirit that Leroy got no more than a few fumes and a single drop on his tongue before passing out cold. It will be a merry Christmas for him to be sure but the day after may not be so merry.

I have no idea what she put in that stil of hers to make the high octane stuff. All our potatoes are missing and a large bag of sugar. I can't find my after shave lotion and there is a half gallon of kerosene gone missing. God help Leroy, I do hope she used the kerosene just to make the fire.

Here is a sign stuck on the side of my computer:

ACHTUNG!
ALLES TURISTEN UND NONTEKNISCHEN LOOKENPEEPERS!

DAS KOMPUTERMASCHINE IST NICHT FÜR DER GEFINGERPOKEN UND MITTENGRABEN! ODERWISE IST EASY TO SCHNAPPEN DER SPRINGENWERK, BLOWENFUSEN UND POPPENCORKEN MIT SPITZENSPARKSEN.
IST NICHT FÜR GEWERKEN BEI DUMMKOPFEN. DER RUBBERNECKEN SIGHTSEEREN KEEPEN DAS COTTONPICKEN HÄNDER IN DAS POCKETS MUSS.

ZO RELAXEN UND WATSCHEN DER BLINKENLICHTEN.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019