I do remember the "new" computer cards, the size of an envelope, that had to be carefully filled in and would be used on those infernal machines known as "computers".

I would not have imagined having a few of them in the house that replace typewriters, calculators and newspaper. Thankfully, not door-locks, refrigerator doors, though one seems to be threatening to attempt a coup on my computer. But I am trying to let it be reasonable and do it my way.
It is resisting. Or I am. No Hal in this place, I'm too much of a control freak.

Thank you for the concern. We are OK. Only had 48 mph winds and some heavy rains.
Sixty miles East of here three or four tornadoes touched down and I think some 4 deaths and almost a hundred injured. One of the rotations apparently stayed on the ground for about forty miles; its swath almost a mile wide.
Most of the urban area escaped heavy damage although the area east mentioned, Canton, suffered extensive damage with lost homes and business areas along with the human losses.
I have been off the ether due to the installation of a new central air conditioning system. Although this morning temperatures started below 40F. it rose into the 80s in the afternoon. The day of installation, Friday, it was muggy and stayed in the eighties.
I imagine that in the attic where the evaporator and heating portions are inconveniently located in this house and the workmen were, the temperatures were in the 100 degrees F. range.