Folks,

Dux:

It is a never ending cycle. The newest and most coveted software often pushes us screaming into the purchase of better and more expensive hardware. Perhaps we can get back on track later in the year?

My son loves his Stratocaster. Of course you are a professional musician however it sounds like you are very serious about your music. I can play the drums and the radio...that is about it.

As for that light reading the parts packing provided, indeed, many American strips have continued long past their originator's demise. "Peanuts" for one comes to my mind and Chick Young's "Blondie" for another. It depends upon which newspaper chain you get your comics from. They decide which strips you see. We had old Andy Capp staggering about for several frames weekly in our local paper some years ago. I'm sure you will remember him and his low set hat and dangling gasper.

When I was reading the "funny papers" or the "funnies", as we called them then, every Sunday, the Chick Young strip was titled "Dagwood" and Blondie, his wife, was only a supporting character. There were several movies made that were inspired by that strip. Penny Singlton and Author somebody were the lead characters in that long running series of 'B' movies. That was actually before my time. I've seen most of them on TV.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019