Folks,

Dux:

An enlightening communication has been received from C51. Here is the corrected address for his bird paintings:

http://ca.geocities.com/magpie6268@rogers.com/

Well, dear boy a photo of that birdie is better than nothing. I will continue to hope for an opportunity to get a pix of one or more of them frolicking in our garden for you. Although we have plenty of the vociferous birdies in residence, with a constant patrol of menacing felines along the garden paths, the chances of a perch of any reasonable length of time for a snap is not too good unless the bird in question is terribly brave, stupid or contemplating suicide.

You'll be chasing a Long Tailed Skua, eh? Good luck Pal. Don't forget to carry plenty of bread crumbs and wear your trainers. I saw a bare tailed 'scuba' through the lenses of my big 10x50s once. As in SCUBA Diver that is. She was sailing out to dive on one of our many wrecks off the coast of NC. That would be in the area which is called the 'Graveyard of the Atlantic" and it isn't called that for nothin'. We have some of the best diving there is because we are situated at the interface of the northern and southern currents. We have sea life from both regions that mingle here. There is a WW2 U boat wreck out there that is especially interesting.

I understand that Olga was once quite interested in going birding. Once she found out no birds were actually going to be eaten her interest cooled considerably. It is said that her favorite bird of all is the chicken. She will eat one raw but prefers hers boiled without the feathers.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019