Folks,

HK:

Greetings Mate. It is always a special pleasure when you drop in for a pint. We were discussing a similar topic a while ago and I directed our readers to your thread regarding who "won" the war. No one ever really "wins" a war of course, both sides lose quite a lot, however the subject was and is fascinating.

Nice screen shots. Sometimes being shot at is just not enough excitement for everyone. "The few" have long been given almost god-like status and Axis aces like Galland were treated like film stars. Well and good, however this is the very first time that I have heard about pilots on either side actually walking on water. ;\)

Kids. They always look at everything from outside the box. It is always a delight to see what they will come up with next. My grand kids are much the same. And I suspect that, admit it or not, most of us bigger kids have at one time or another flamed a wing-mate or strafed our own aerodrome just for the sheer hell of it. In the beginning trying to fly my Spit properly I got so tired of that instructor chap ticking me off that I waxed his tail. It felt good to do it too.

Please visit more often.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019