Folks,

PV1:

I can almost hear those skeeters sharpening their beaks in hopes of getting a chance at the new blood that you say is on the way to Manitoba. Birds love skeeters. Aren't there enough birds up there? Perhaps the long, dark winters are too cold for flight opps but those 4 months of sweltering temps just above freezing might offer a possible opportunity? We have plenty of birdies down here. In the Carolinas the only ice we sometimes see all winter is in our glass. We could send some birds up there but the reddening whelps on my legs indicate they seem to have thoughtlessly gotten behind on the skeeter control down here. We cannot spare them. Note to self. Radically reduce bird seed in all feeders for one week.

Dux:
Hmmmmmm. I just had a nasty, delicious thought. I'll catch a hundred or so of our most voracious variety of walnut-sized blood suckers and turn them loose down in our gloomy archives. We'll see how those bats like a little unfriendly competition...or better yet they may even find out what it is like to be drained of their hard earned hemoglobin.

I am rubbing my hands together with a big, sneaky smile on my face. Where is that mosquito netting? The stuff C51 used to take with him on his summertime dates? You know what I mean, some nasty soul poked some large holes in it just before he used it for the last time. Stop laughing. I understand the young lady and C51 were nearly eaten alive that night. I hope he never learns it was you Dux. Don't point your knobby index at me Pal...you look guilty to me.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019