Folks,

C51:

Thanks for your comments. I have added them to the 5,000th post for that is where they belong. You are a long-time member of both the forum and HWH.

Dux:

That particular celebration would be on the fifth of November as the song says...and if I remember correctly. I also seem to recall that the unlucky Mr. Fawkes' explosive Parliamentary celebration more or less fizzled out. We do not light bonfires or celebrate over here for some reason. Our mothers' do not let us play with matches for one thing. I suppose that if our tireless legislators could figure out a way to make it a national holiday from work for themselves that might instantly change. At any rate, we will have a glass, bottle or bucket of something frothy and delightful in old Guy's honor on Monday night if you would care to join us. \:\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019