Folks,

Dux:

Thank you for reading that mess. After reading HK's delightfully written war diary it must have been a misery.

All the alarm bells, whistles and sirens have stopped their clanging and shrieking. From behind that huge oaken door there comes the occasional whiff of rotting reptile. It is as quiet as a tomb.

Someone should open that massive door and go down to see what happened to Olga. Alas, every time I start in that direction I always remember something more compelling that I must take care of first.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to do that for us? Bravery, after all, as you often remind us, is your middle name.... Do not worry, I'll hold that bottle of JD for you. There's a good chap. It will be waiting here behind the HWH bar should you ....er...when you return. (JRT gives him a small shove and waves encouragingly to Dux. Dux's face has now taken on the 1000 mile stare of the soon to be departed as he stumbles off.)

JRT opens the bottle of Jack Daniels and starts to take a healthy swig but stops. Has his conscious finally gotten the better of him? With a snap of his fingers he gets the attention of the lovely beermaid and says, "I'll have a tall glass and some ice, Sweetie, this may be a long wait."

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019