Folks,

Dux:

Yes, you certainly make a very good point. Censorship of any kind is hard to accept. I have always believed that your right to swing your fist only ends just before you reach my nose....

Pent up feelings, just or unjust, only fester and grow into deep hatred. There must be an outlet somewhere. Hatred of another person may be quite justified however taking the transgressions of that one person and painting a whole group of individuals the same without any first-hand knowledge of those individuals can be wrong indeed. Human nature is what it is. Try as they may the politicians cannot legislate intelligence, morality, or even love of our fellow man. That must come from within. Having said that I do believe there are some things better left unsaid. As that wise old sage Thumper's mommy reportedly once said, "If you can't say something nice...then don't say nothing at all."

Taking the Middle East as an example. IMHO as long as their progeny are raised by mom and pop Arab or Israeli the poisons of the past will be passed right along in mother's milk. You would have to take away the children at birth and wait for the parents to die or killeach other off to stop the hatred built up over the ages. I suppose this is true for Northern Ireland and many other places around the globe.

Hmmmm. A frowning Jenns will be stepping in here any moment now and putting a lit rocket in my pocket if I do not shut up, as this rambling nonsense is getting way too far off topic. Suffice it to say that I agree that feelings do run deep and it is likely that prohibiting free speech will do little more than cause increased frustration and bitterness. The computer is connected to a keyboard and mouse, the TV has a channel selector, the radio the same and an on or off knob. We may choose what we wish to read or not read. We adults have choices. If we exercise these choices properly there should be no need for censorship in a free society so long as it does not harm our children, foster or condone violence.

Personally, I just despise everyone equally. The whole human race, including me, is a horrible mess and, if left un-checked, we will, by our own nature, destroy each other and ourselves. All other creatures have had to adapt to nature and the changing world around them. Only man forces the world to adapt to him. This can only lead to disaster. If you would like to continue our conversation e-mail me or send a private message Pal. I am having a difficulty with a neighbor I could tell you about that might curl your toes. HWH ain't the place for it.

Wait, I don't actually mean to imply that I despise you Dux.... unlike myself, you have a minty fresh breath and are perfect in every way. ;\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019