Folks,

Osram:

Calm down. It is ok. English is not your native language. As for my German, brother,I only hope I didn't screw up too badly and write something really stupid like "The cow of my Aunt wore a bright green pencil".

No problem. People are always thinking they read something amazingly different from what I thought I wrote.

You and your father are physicists? Cool.

Perhaps you can take a week or two, maybe much longer, out of your quarky life to explain "string theory" to me? I missed that in general math and I am at a complete loss when others so often bring that subject up at mealtimes.

Just joking. Please do not be offended. I mean no disrespect. I am in awe of those who daily split the atom conjure with superstring theories, peer into black holes and measure time across the cosmos at the speed of light.

About the nano-second that I finally mastered the slide rule, someone invented the digital calculator. I have little facility for advanced math I admit. I do share with you a powerful desire to know what makes everything work, how it all works and why.

Little loopy sub-atomic particles vibrating in ten dimensions is a bit deep for most of us. It keeps the theoreticians happy and its a good way to get a 'Big Bang' for your research bucks I guess. Sorry, another poor physics joke.

I fear my nature favors the other side of my brain from that upon which yours smiles. I will continue to seek the "Grand Unified theory", which is said to be an equation about an inch long, through faith, and philosophy not math.

------------------
"Blessed are they who expect nothing.
For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"

[This message has been edited by Jolly Roger Too (edited 01-20-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Jolly Roger Too (edited 01-20-2002).]