Folks,

41°F. and sunny here at 10:11 AM. Hardly any wind. It promises to be another nice day here in eastern NC.

Fittop:
Should Australia break it off and send the prodigal piece of North America back whence it came, what will be done with it? NC is the tenth largest state in the Union. We is therefore impotent..... wait, I mean we is important.

As a card carrying member in good standing with HWH, I therefore vote they attach it to the Outer Banks or maybe around Morehead City or anywhere we have constant and significant beach erosion. Storm erosion the Army Corps of Engineers must constantly replenish. If they do not create the world's largest bottle of Super Glue and attach that land to our coastline, then those lovely migrating Bare Breasted Tail Twitchers may not have a dry place to put down their beach towels and nest next summer.

I'm sure you will agree that would be a terrible tragedy. Vote with me then. What? Say that again LeRoy. No, LeRoy, Texas already has plenty of land. It has only one star apparently. The Lone Star specifically. OK, they will get the next star some sticky fingered bastid sends back then.

OG:

Is it true Florida is about to institute year 'round Daylight Savings Time? Is it really time you did that? Surely not. I was hoping DST would be abolished one day soon and forever across the land.

I must say that it should be one way or the other. All or nothing. Right, LeRoy, it might just be that within the next decade no one under the age of 80 will even have a timepiece of any kind. Nothing other than a wearable, or the clock on their computer and smart phone.

Shhhhhhsh! You and I know that but please don't tell the Swiss. If they should learn that, in all probability, they will soon be overstocked with mountains of Coo-Coo clocks and expensive chronometers they will freak out. They might stop making chocolate just for spite. Join together chocolate lovers. There must be some way to save ourselves?

Hey. Maybe we can blame Floridians who are just too busy to change the time on their own coo-coo clocks twice a year. winkngrin

Last edited by Jolly Roger Two; 01/25/18 03:58 PM. Reason: right place wrong word

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019