Folks,

Dux:

Waxing poetic are we? 'Tis a circuitous route we so often follow when seeking the obvious here. From pillar to post and roundabout. Today must be a very good day in Derbyshire? Old Horace sounds a bit like the founder of our Jack S. Cannonfodder Military Academy. Many is the time I have heard students and faculty exclaim, "There's no Jack S. like our Jack S." ;\)

News from Guitars 'R' Us
Our son did not sell his N1 Wasburn guitar. Turns out it is a bolt-on neck and that was not what the Brit buyer wanted. Nothing wrong with it of course. It is in pristine condition as far as I can tell. I understand that being a bolt-on neck rather than a solid construction has a slight effect on the resonance. You would know better than I. Pity about the sale. Anyway he has it posted again for sale on Ebay. Someone will buy it.

To get back on topic, I clobbered a couple of 109's last night but missed one in the towering cloud. That one must have taken some offense to my unsociable treatment of his mates. His cannon placed some very large holes in my crate. These may have looked nice but totally destroyed its airworthiness. I skillfully sat her down to pass through a tree and end up amongst a flock of Farmer Drubbin's sheep. Anyone want the makin's for a nice pair of woolen drawers? How about a nice bit of slightly charred mutton? Do we have any mint jelly at the Hall Dux?

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019