Graphic By JRT 2007

Folks,

Dux:

You did you best. No one can expect more. Do untie that beastly Thuggee necktie from around your throat and look at this.

What strange twist of fate has brought the above cablegram to our door this very morning from our Pal in the far East? It must be Karma? Hmmmmm. Yes, that is in fact his name.....

It came through an upstairs window tied to a large stone. Remind me to register a complaint with Eastern Union regarding their shamelessly unorthodox methods of delivery. Prepare your mess kit pal and assemble your flight gear. We must be off to help our friend in his hour of need....and just in time to avoid the shouting crush beating on our front portal as well.

Has anyone seen old Seymour? I heard his bugle call about dawn then it suddenly fell silent. I have not seen or heard from our loyal retired Beefeater since. I fear for his life. Seymour will fight to the bitter end, he is loyal to the core. What's that Dux? You say you saw someone who looks a lot like Seymour wearing a turban and brandishing a fire brand by the garden gate? That dirty, rotten turncoat. The swine, just as I thought, he's ratted us out just to save his own sorry hide.

Remember, I never trusted Seymour after that 2" thick fillet mysteriously disappeared from my plate on the night of the Officers Tattoo. Seymour was standing to my right when we rose to toast His Majesty. When I sat down again my knife and fork at the ready, my fillet was gone. And when I saw Seymour again he was patting his lips as if he had just swallowed something delightful....

With the back gate surrounded how are we to get to the aerodrome? Me thinks our pal Patooie has been reading too much Kipling again however we must honor his request for help....and from the sound at the front door we had best do so very soon!

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019