Folks,

Dux:

My I say that though your dangerous encounter with that King Eider near Stranraer was exciting, surely you cannot deny that it is not the first time your old snoz has been red, much less purple or blue.

To my own certain knowledge this colorful, nay near kaleidoscopic phenomenon occurs just before closing time at the Prince and Polecat almost every night! The red is usually due to the gallons of Hamish's Brackendew consumed, the purple and blue often results from a beermaid's well aimed fist. ;\)

Indeed, C51 is a dedicated birder. Perhaps he is a bit reckless in his pursuit of the most illusive of the avian populations of greater Ontario, however we may forgive him that and celebrate his zeal.

On the other hand, spending a frigid and windy night huddled atop a Toronto skyscraper with only a pound of bird crap and a frozen Polaroid photo of a common pigeon to show for it, may be considered, at least by some uncharitable souls, to be just a tad over zealous. \:\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019