JRT, Old Dux,

indeed Carl Zeiss are excellent bins, but too rich for my blood these days. I had a birding friend a number of years ago (British as it so happens) with a beautiful pair of Zeiss roof prisms, I think he paid about $2000 for the at the time. I borrowed them whenever I got the chance. Sadly he took them on a birding trip to Gabon where he went off into the jungle and he and the bins were never seen again. Not surprisingly really, since he had long before been awarded the title "Willy Wandersoff" Who knew birding could be such a dangerous sport. You should really consider dropping 'round here some time in May, you will get Black and Whites coming out your wazoo, along with dozens of other warblers.

JRT, you seem to have better luck looking at sun bathing lady's bottoms than with avian subjects. Not a bad trade off at that. You should really get a good scope if you prefer looking at 'waders' and 'shore birds'. You say you can make ice? without collecting it in the wild? fascinating! could you try looking for that recipe again, I feel like performing some culinary arts!

"you know you've done a wheels up landing when it takes full power to taxi."