Folks,

Friend Squog:

Me neither! I understand the culinary adventurous Scandinavians bury those eggs 'down under' for a considerable amount of time just for tang, so I just thought perhaps.... OK, HeinKill and Jens live much nearer Lapland, Copenhagen and Helsinki than we do so they will just have to tell us how much they enjoyed eating theirs.

I'm a southern boy by birth and by location. Surprisingly, your Aussie feast sounds a great deal like ours... this must be because you live in SOUTH eastern Australia? wink You have turkey, ham (possibly sugar or salt cured, or perhaps smoked and also cracklings? Cracklings! Like Bogey in Casablanca speaking about the 'waters'; apparently I've been misinformed. To think, I always thought cracklin's were a southern US delicacy.

Now if you said that you also had some barbecue (and I do not mean the much over used term 'shrimp on the barbie').... I mean barbecued pork. Then I might be mighty suspicious that you originally hailed from around here... yawl.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019