Folks,

Dux:

I'm feeling a bit better today. I'm still rather tired. It's sorta like I've been through a powerful storm that kept me fighting day and night since Friday. It has blown over now but it has also left me completely wrung out. There were high fevers and a lot of chills. Obviously it was some sort of beastly infection.

I think a virus was the culprit and not one in the computer this time. Apparently they stick together across species and they will have their little revenge. No matter, it seems I have licked that one too. There must be something therapeutic in having an empty tummy and a blood alcohol content of 88%. wink

OK. I haven't actually had a drop. I can't even recall swallowing anything with alcohol in it for at least 2 weeks unless it was a beer. Wait, perhaps that was the problem? Withdrawl pains? I bet that's it! I had better begin some serious experiments immediately. Where did SWMNBN hide that bottle of Château Thames Embankment Vintage June 2, 2009? Wish me luck Dux, I could be only a few cases and an empty bottle or two shy of a great scientific break through here.

Thanks for the mail pal. Like your post, it'll be just what the doctor ordered to cheer me up. I'll check that out shortly and I'll reply to it after supper, once I'm suitably restored to mobility and at least a temporary state of mental acuity by a large and tinkling glass of self medication. I will keep you informed regarding my experiments.

In the unlikely event that I am unsuccessful, kindly do a bit of research on my behalf. See what you can find in the 900,000 pages of the HWH Handbook in 87 guilded, leather bound volumes under "The Mother of all Hangovers... humane cure for same" wink

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019