Gentlemen..yes JRT and old Dux, I do mean you.

I detest these long absences, I miss all he fun. Limericks, brilliant graphics, stories, thought provoking thoughts... but most of all I miss the chance to defend myself from slanderous misinformation. Whatever it was I was accused of, I most definitely an innocent.

What you say? honoured? I have been honoured? I take it all back - I am guilty, guilty as charged!

Naturally when I heard that I was being honoured I went into hiding. The last time I heard that I ended up paying the entire bar bill. I am touched at having received this most undeserved award. Aluminium? I will consider it every bit as vaulable as Pure Sterling. And as for it being bigger than Old Dux's I will reserve comment...but henceforth I will be known as Long Gong Silver. Does that permit me to fly the Jolly Roger Too?

India you say? count me in. I can't wait to tuck into some mutter paneer, aloo gobi, dahl...damn the Mahatma's revenge, full speed ahead. Don't worry about the language problem, I happen to know that gaelic is directly descended from sanskrit.

JRT, I want to see your own award, it must be the longest gong of all. And as for the LOL, add mine to the list as well.

From the top of my head to the bottom of the pile:

There once was a girl from Calcutta
Who could set any man's heart a flutta'
She'd invite you to tea, then squeal in great glee
While smothering your crumpet in butta'

I depart, hanging my head in shame....

"you know you've done a wheels up landing when it takes full power to taxi."