Thanks for sharing that entertaining tale JRT. I'm sure the woman in question was only looking for an excuse to hold you at the till, so she could enjoy your presence a little longer!

Your account instantly reminded me of when I was flying into Oslo Airport at Gardemoen I think it was, before the Norwegians opened Fornebu.

Wearing my best grey suit, white shirt and tie as well as sporting newly cut hair I thought I looked very professional. But perhaps I looked a bit too professional for the good people at immigration as I was chosen for a 3rd degree interrogation and being "grilled" by officials.

All right, perhaps I was a little bit too enthusiastic just now by describing it as a 3rd degree interrogation, and at any rate it was all very civilized and only an amusing delay, as I was asked to state the purpose of my visit (business), if I was being expected by anyone in Oslo (yes), and finally if I was being picked up by these persons expecting me (no).

They even checked my ruddy papers would you believe, and the Scandinavian region has been a free travel-zone for ages, since the Vikings I suspect!

I couldn't escape the feeling that they were somehow expecting or looking for someone, but eventually I was let loose on Oslo and the more or less unsuspecting Norwegians.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop