Chaps,

JRT,

I don't know if I have mentioned this before but I am using Windows Movie Maker to assemble, edit and upload my videos to the My Videos or similar storage file. One problem is the amount I can hope to upload because the programme crashes after about 15 minutes worth of clips. I got round this by doing the obvious and breaking up the uploads into shorter assemblies. Maybe one has to do that with the majority of movie editing software?

Another problem when loading the finished video to DVD is that some clips appear with pixel breakdown which can last sporadically for the duration of that particular section ( even though it always appears perfectly in WMM) and then clears up on the next one. In some cases I have deleted the faulty section and again uploaded the applicable section from the library. Some times it works and sometimes it doesn't. Does this indicate an overall shortage of PC memory, I wonder?

I have had no such trouble when loading the complete video to memory stick but have become aware that some USB ports on the front of the PC are not as reliable as others at the rear. Until I can solve the DVD problem I will continue with memory sticks which now have about ten completed videos on them.

Finally, I would prefer an editing programme that offers a greater and more artistic text availability - even if I have to pay for it. The Panasonic one which came with the camcorder was soon rejected because it appeared crude and clunky.

'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------