Gents,

What I forgot to mention in my last message was that I'm quietly hopeful and looking forward to the resurrected Microprose working on a new iteration of The Mighty Eighth. While certainly no BoB - and I share your belief Dux that there will be another BoB sim and I might add my own wish for another outing for my old Dawn Patrol/Flying Corps, the strategic bombing war while bloody and gruesome has also always held my imagination,.

Apparently the new sim will not only contain virtual B-17's to fly but also B.24' and according to rumours even the Avro Lancaster will be included as a flyable. Considering the legacy and legend of the Lanc I feel it has been woefully under represented in sims often relegated to third party add-on's, commercial as well as freeware.

The home-trainer is bust, has gone for a Burton, has ceased to exist. If Roger were here to comment he would indubitably remark that I must have run the poor thing into the ground from pedalling too hard and too long, but not so. I don't know if I lost it doing an official firmware update or if it was going even before that. I had suspected that something was wrong prior to the thing going completely bust because it seemed to me that the resistance from the motor-driven roller was not there.

I contacted the company but as the trainer was just about 3 years old the 2 year warranty had expired. They offered me a tiny discount if I bought a similar trainer (new) or a similar one to my own model (possibly refurbished?) for the same amount that I would have to buy a brand new one with the discount. Considering the overall experience of having a home trainer in the house and the relative light use I put on it due to preferring the outdoors, I won't take their offer which seems less than generous to me.

Fittop, your remarks regarding not needing a better picture to follow the action is close to my own perception that a better receiver does not improve upon the content. It seems the best TV content I can get these days is a 4K video of for example Florence. Next best thing to being there.

Last edited by McGonigle; 01/22/21 03:09 PM.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop