Folks,

Jimmy:

Welcome to HWH. Congratulations on your victories. Yet another Bosch goes down in a hail of hot lead. It would seem the Hun is hard pressed for raw materials these days. He comes up again and again to be filled with lead then leaving little or nothing behind in return. One thing is as true in aerial combat as it is in other facets of life.... it is far better to give than to receive.

Dux:

Well done my friend. The landscape must be positively littered with the tangled wreckage of Bosch aircraft. Not only that, here is yet another fine photo worthy of the archives.

THE SUMMER WIND

The summer wind, came blowin in - from across the sea
It lingered there, so warm and fair - to walk with me
All summer long, we sang a song - and strolled on golden sand
Two sweethearts, and the summer wind

Like painted kites, those days and nights - went flyin by
The world was new, beneath a blue - umbrella sky
Then softer than, a piper man - one day it called to you
And I lost you, to the summer wind

The autumn wind, and the winter wind - have come and gone
And still the days, those lonely days - go on and on
And guess who sighs his lullabies - through nights that never end
My fickle friend, the summer wind

-Johnny Mercer

An irate Nature continues to ignore the 'North' in North Carolina. Despite the name she treats us just like the rest of the deep south. We are therefore battling days and days of extreme, triple digit, record breaking heat. At least we do not yet have any major fires to contend with in our state. And a break in the heat is predicted by Tuesday when we are warned to expect the cooling kiss of torrential downpours and flash flooding for several days. A formerly beneficent Nature, mercilessly prodded by thoughtless man, has finally gone mad all over.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019