Folks,

Dux:

Welcome safely home.

As WC Fields once quipped regarding being ridden out of town on a rail, "If it hadn't been for the honor of the thing I'd have sooner been in Philadelphia."

According to Volume 65, page 3,000, para 4 of the 900,000 page HWH Handbook in 87 leather bound volumes:

Welsh (Cymraeg) is a Celtic language spoken as a community language in Wales (Cymru) by about 659,000 people, and in the Welsh colony (Y Wladfa) in Patagonia, Argentina (yr Ariannin) by several hundred people. There are also Welsh speakers in England (Lloegr), Scotland (yr Alban), Canada, the USA (yr Unol Daleithiau), Australia (Awstralia) and New Zealand (Seland Newydd). Welsh is fairly closely related to Cornish and Breton, and more distantly related to Irish Gaelic, Manx Gaelic and Scottish Gaelic.

Although it certainly looks daunting on paper, Welsh is a properly phonetically spoken language. I can only speak Welsh when I am completely sloshed, my vocal chords and lips absolutely numb. OK. It isn't really Welsh, it is unintelligible English that some say closely resembles Welsh. ;\)

If you haven't already, be sure to read what our pal Jens has written regarding "bunker mania" taking hold in Scandinavia. I find the discovery of new relics from the war fascinating.

HINT:
What if Olga visited the excavation and uncovered the remains of Martin Borman, love letters addressed to Ava and a stack of counterfeit fivers..... now that would be a tale worthy of all the other Sagas....

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019