Folks,

Dux:

Dust? Dust building up, you say? Hmmmmmm. What is dust and can there possibly be dust in Lady T's immaculate house? Shhhhhhhsh! If she discovers there may be dust in my computer she will squirt horrible, smelly, disinfectant liquids in there and make me take out and wash every component in boiling hot water. That can't be a good thing. Hang on a bit. I need to look up the word dust in the HWH Handbook. There may be a loophole.

-Here it is on page 198. 'Dust' 1. Earthy matter reduced to particles so fine as to be easily borne in the air. 2. Any substance reduced to a fine powder. 3. Something powdery and easily snorted up the nose by gentlemen of quality (a substance such as snuff).

So it was either household dust or snuff C51 was inhaling the other night at the Quatermaster's ball? If it turns out it was dust maybe I can get him to come over and sniff out those offending particulates?

Yup, my system was state-of-the-art, custom built with the best parts available, back when Lincoln was still president. Shame on me. It has been several eons now since I last cracked open the box. The fan seems to be operating well enough and there is a good draft evident. I will check that out tomorrow morning. I'm sure it does need a good vacuuming. Thank you kind sir for the tip. Anything that might squeeze a few more months out of the ancient system will be appreciated. It is one of my few pleasures these days.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019