A true Multiplayer Story

Fly! I am in a squadron with Fokker and deej and a lot of AI planes. Once again, I am faster, but quickly throttle back. I press "t" and I see the names. After looking around a bit I see the other two, seperated from me by a few AI planes. I switch between padlock and mouse and back again, nothing satisfying me. I think I really should get TrackIR. The 109s are getting nearer! One is very high. He seems to want to fly over us and get on our six o clock high. Shall I attack him? The other go on straight. It seems to be better to me than to get into the meele (sp?) and I pull. After some time, however, I have to admit this will not work, the 109 has too much height advantage. So, I decide to join the others. I am in the furball almost straight away.
There - a 109 in front of me! Going right or left ? He goes left while I go right. Full aileron and a split second later I am turning with him. He is still quite far away. He is a bit beneath me, I turn on a horizontal plane above that he is turning on. He simply turns, no other manouvres, I do not know whether he has seen me. I get nearer! I like my height, I think I could still bail out if someone gets me, but I have to go down to get him, so I press some left rudder (still using keyboard rudder). Cool - he turns absolutely constantly, I can pull as much or little lead as I want, I have him in the piper now, slightly diving onto him. Optimal, apart from being a bit far. What shall I do ?!? I know my ability - I have to be glad if I get him at all, so I decide not to try to save ammo. Fearing someone might come after me or that he might see me (I think he still doesn't) I press the fire buitton and simply hold it down.
Do I hit?? I don't see any sparks! I pull a bit less lead, then a bit more, then still a bit more even though he is under my engine cowling now. Still, I think that my initial lead was too small, and also I think I will only have damaging hits by chance, so I hold it there for maybe half a second. Then I reduce the pull to see him. Where is he? I need to see everything, so I steepen the dive and level the wings (I know that's dangerous!) I look right, I look left - he is gone!