Folks,

Another full week of 90+ temps and no let up for the weekend. The dangerous heat has caused Excessive Heat warnings all along the eastern seaboard. Last night we never got out of the 80's F.

MG:

I remember at the time we thought the whole world was watching. You were probably too young at the time to notice. Is that movie a Danish movie? If so, does it have English subtitles? I'd like to watch it. I will look for it on Amazon shortly.

Sorry you burnt out your chain. Does that make you a "chain smoker". 🚭 smile

Cresting the hill, I notice a vehicle ahead speeding along somewhat erratically. As an empty bottle of Chateau Thames Embankment is thrown from the car, I think I recognize the driver.....

Dux:
A long time since we heard from you mate. Yes, I heard about the big yard sale on 48 vintage electric guitars over there. I had no idea that was your brother selling your band instruments. Oops! Maybe I spoke out of turn? I hope I didn't put him in it or cause a problem. 😜

It takes a while for a new drummer or any new member to settle in. You have time for it. From what you typed, I'd say you are prepared to succeed. Age has its disadvantages. The kids of today may not relate to old guys using aluminum walkers to rest their guitars on as they play 60's era music.

Just remember though, that Mick and the boys are setting the example for us young minded geriatrics. Keith Richards alone has been dug up several times. 🎸🎢

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019