Folks,

Dux:

Well Smokey, am I to believe that you no longer enjoy sticking your arse in the fire?

I can just barely remember those semi-sweet Valentine Days long past when one's relative position in life could be so easily measured by the number of valentines one received in class. The real losers received none at all. I always got at least one, and at the end of the day, I would take home my single un-opened valentine, put it safely into a box, and save it to send to myself again the next year. \:\)

Olga has been known to throw a terrible fit if she is forgotten on February 14th. Last year Dux nearly forgot. All the stores were closed but one small grocer. He barely squeaked by with a bouquet of broccoli florets and a pound box of hog lard. Crossing Olga can be hazardous to your health of course yet nothing today can, for shear violence at least, beat the lead valentine that gangster Al Capone sent to his rival Bugs Moran on one cold St. Valentine's Day in windy Chicago. That will forever be associated with this day of romance and referred to as the Saint Valentine's Day Massacre.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019