Folks,

OSRAM:

I wrote the best response that I could think of for friend DD. In the final analysis it could never compare to the eloquence of what you have so candidly written. No one can speak for you as well as you speak for yourself, no matter how impartial or high their motives may be.

Thank you for sharing your innermost thoughts. I especially appreciate the words about your father and the first hand anecdotes of people you know.

The German volk were in a weakened state after the war and easily mesmerized by Der Fuhrer. The treaty of Versailles was far too punitive and harsh. Certainly this was a powerful catalytic factor in the rise of the Nazis.

Hitler was supposed to be the savior of the Teutonic race. During the war "Adolph Hitler, Der Liebling's Bloomer" was a very popular song. I do not expect that this is sung much in the nurseries or kindegartens of Germany today.

Oh, is that a Vargas girl? Well done. I think there is allways room for those around here.

Zerosan2:

Very well said, as always, just the right words, forming just the right phrases.
This is amazingly interesting stuff but we really need a few more first hand accounts of daring do in the skies.

------------------
"Blessed are they who expect nothing.
For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"

[This message has been edited by Jolly Roger Too (edited 02-04-2002).]