Folks,

PV1:
Welcome to HWH. Please post often.

Dilip Sarkar is certainly an expert on WW2. I think he recently retired after over two decades with the constabulary and I believe he wrote a 'family approved' or 'authorized' book on Johnnie Johnson. I still cannot get over having my own nickname printed on every one of those BoB 2 inserts. To be included in the same jewel case with real luminaries like Sarkar is amazing, eh Dux?

Dux:
Your bottom is warming a seat in a Cambridge City Library, eh? Don't you have to be royalty or at least pass your 'O' levels just to get in there? I'm impressed. ;\)

I am also planning to re-read Bader's biography soon myself. He is a fascinating military character even as a POW.

If it is a two-seater Spit then you need to find some way to fill one or both of them one day. Is it possible to manage a ride? If you ever do, on pain of death, do not tell me. The crass green of envy does clash so with the baby blue of my widdle eyes.

I wonder what happened to our pal WanganuiLad? It has been ages since the New Zealander had a pint with us. Lost somewhere over the Channel I suppose. Just like in 1940, too often, you barley get to know the chaps and they are gone. \:\(

It is so great having you post more often Dux. PV1 and all the rest are always welcome as well. It seems FF SNAFU has augured in somewhere. RIP.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019