Folks,

Dux:

Forget the tenner and I will be equally generous and forget that 20 quid I owe you. ;\)

You are making progress! I suppose CCleaner is similar to RegClean and EasyClean which, as mentioned above, are the two that I use. If you found that much to remove I can only wonder what you'd find if you ran a mallware/adware cleaner.

You can take my word for it as an inveterate prevaricator and highly skilled stretcher of the truth that you must take care when using a registry cleaner or any program that tampers with the registry as they are not infallible and can on occasion delete something so vitally important that the loss of which might cause you to Google up some new curse words and even then have some sleepless nights.

I had a similar experience late one night. As I breezed past the Cliffs of Dover screen all went dark and a pulsating message in red popped right up. WARNING! Blood alcohol level dangerously low... Drink more beer! This has happened only once I promise you. Frankly I think it was in error.

Although I was happily tooling around blasting the Hun whilst wearing my Spitfire Geronimo tonight; earlier this afternoon I did a bit of shooting for that excitable fellow with the unruly hair who caused brown shirts to be all the rage in Europe for a time. Some very unsociable fellows with roundels on their wings gave me a lead enema and then a cold dip in the Channel.

By the way Dux, as I scrambled to get out of the sieve that used to be a perfectly air worthy 109, I distinctly heard a most recognizable and merciless laugh over the R/T. How ever did you get our frequency Old Man? OK, I have learned a good lesson and now I've decided where my loyalty lies.

Good luck with the ever talented and remarkably knowledgeable Buddye. He'll set you upon the straight and narrow.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019