Folks,

SNAFU:

Mr. Shelby Foote is indeed a fine author. You are correct. He speaks with a voice like pure honey and writes as if you and he were standing together on the grassy battlefield. Standing in fact right in the line of fire as mini balls zither past. We seem to be huddled right there in a flinching horse's shadow beside J.E.B. Stewart or the great lemon sucking Stonewall Jackson himself.

Mr. Foote's drawl and his aristocratic features are strikingly like those of my sister-in-law's boy friend befiore he shaved off his beard. I was amazed when I first saw the author and heard him speak.

As for the board games,oh yes, many an evening was spent laborously shifting counters and rolling dice trying hard to recreate or perhaps even change the outcome of historical battles. Frankly, I enjoy BOB more now but those games were great fun back then.

My son, now aged 24, became somewhat interested in all the board games we had including Dungeons and Dragons as a teenager. He swiftly shifted to computer games exclusively.

He, alas, has no interest whatsoever in prop sims. He is a confirmed "afterburner churner". Should I have the lad's DNA checked? This disappoints me greatly and disownment proceedings are being seriously considered.

I have to take that back. My wife would never allow it since we've just learned he and his wife are expecting their second child in about 8 months.

Were you aware that wealthy but no less patriotic northern boys who paid someone else to take their place on the battlefield stayed home and still did their bit?

They did so by unselfishly sacrificing their sobriety. These loyal Union men drank gallons and gallons of beer which washed the Union ever onward toward total victory.

Oh, yes, this is absolutely factual. Would I kid you? How? The Union congress passed a law adding $1.00 to the price of every keg of beer sold. This revenue was designated to be used exclusively in helping pay for the war.

I'm happy that you seem to be winning the PC war at home. I imagine IL-2 is gorgeous on that rig. Wait until you see BOB. It will look better and run better than ever....if you're lucky.

------------------
"Blessed are they who expect nothing.
For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"