Folks,

Dux:

LOL! Laurie ate!!

All of a sudden I feel like a deer caught in headlights...Is it that painfully obvious that I wrote that very poor limerick? It was a cowardly thing to do, but I sensibly made no claim to it. Of course any praise from you is high praise indeed, and you must have been as high as I was when I wrote it when you read it, to propose me for such a, ummm.. high honor.

Put down the champagne glasses. I have considered with all due respect your generous proposal and having received more accolades already than I can hope ever to deserve, I will sensibly retire from the poetry trade and sit upon my laurels. Ouch! I find that laurels are a bit prickly so I will sit upon my genuine imitation leather recliner instead. The sun just dipped over the yardarm. Join me in a frosty margarita, won't you? Cheers.

No, Dux, you read far too much into that. I am referring to the margarita cocktail not to the notoriously frigid HWH cocktail waitress. ;\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019