Folks,

Mad: \:\)

LOL!

Thank you Mad for those kind words.

We are gathered here tonight Gentlemen to sup together and to reverently reminisce about our departed mate, good old Jack.

"Here, Here!"

There never was a better gunner. He was always the life of every party. The birds loved him and always seemed to be more affectionate after getting to know Jack. Too bad we lost him on that last landing.

He was never quite the same after falling out of that tall spruce. Kinda empty. Nothing but a broken shell as it were. We could see it was no point in trying to get him to pull himself together. Alas, like so many more before him, he was finally consigned to the trash heap of destiny. War hath no pity...

It is interesting to note that the brave radio man on this mission did an excellent job under less than ideal conditions. My natural modesty prevents me from saying more, however it is quite true that a thankful Dux promised to put me in for a DFC. To date, I've heard nothing from it. I'm sure it is only a matter of time.

For his own superlative efforts in piloting Dux received an Iron Cross, first class in the mail the other day, straight from Berlin. This was his fifth crash in so many weeks. We were all delighted to learn that he is now considered an Axis ace. A suitable celebration is being planned. You are all invited. One of Jack's many cousins has been tapped to provide the refreshments.

No one seems to know exactly what happened to that eager Scout who lured us astray with his homemade wireless. The last I saw of him he and his radio were taking a swan dive into Farmer Drubbins festering pig sty.

After the war they really should put that stinky place on the historic register. Situated at the end of our grassy runway as it is, it has played such an important part in our base's operations over these long months of battle. Not only that but, one way or another, many of Drubbins' porcine heroes have given their last full measure for the war effort.

Speaking of which, thanks to Jack, this last exercise was no exception. Let us therefore raise a pork chop in their honor gentlemen. Let us stand in praise of our recently departed but undeniably delicious guest of honor and to our dear pal Jack for thinking only of us in his very last moments and so conveniently falling on him.... \:\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019