Gents,

A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I got my new TV antenna and it works fine. The older one apparently wasn't quire up to the latest tech. requirements. I am now waiting and ready for the Telco to drop the cord. It might be that the change will be effective from monday.

New Year's eve I spent with a couple of friends and I meant to stay the night but unfortunately it turned out the house cat favored the room where I was meant to sleep for it's day-long naps, so in spite of me having taken anti-histamines to combat my cat allergy, I had to evacuate at 03.00 a.m. and head home with a 65 minute drive in front of me. Luckily the elephant sitting on my chest started to ease off some 15 minutes into the drive and I felt much better at the end of the drive.

I'm looking to scrap my old Win 7 rig because it is now really showing it's age by turning itself off every time I ask it to do something more demanding than browsing or keeping up with correspondence. Writing zip files or copying larger files to the network seems to be too taxing for the old system which I got on the release of Windows 7 back in the late noughties. The big question now is what to do henceforth? I'm no longer gaming and Im writing this on an older Mac which is no longer supported with updates. While I like the Mac being silent and offering a more refined experience than it's Windows PC counterpart, I'm used to the Windows centric software utilities like MP3Tag, 7zip etc being familiar in use and also freewareware. Some of the corresponding software for Mac costs money. As you might know, I'm not a fan of Windows 10. I was set for replacing the ageing Mac with a newer version but then came across reports regarding the new iMac Minis, promising exceptional performance from the M1 processors for an acceptable price and with the future promise of being able to also run Windows better than any current bootcamp/Parallels alternatives. Decisions decisions...

It isn't a question of money because I've got enough. More, it is a question of me being a cheepskate and always looking for the best deal, which in turn might explain why I do not experience any money woes.

Last edited by McGonigle; 01/02/21 07:05 AM.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop