Folks,

DK:

Not to be completely outdone by that delightful effort by our accomplished flyer, bike peddler, and notably artistic caricaturist MG, I am posting this very poor effort on my part taken from a recent and less than flattering photo of Moi. Yes, I would be pleased to remove it at any time provided the offended pilot sends me a fiver bearing the authenticated autographs of Sir Winston Churchill, Penelope Cruz, and the real Monte Python.

If anyone cares (I know you shouldn't in the least) I have been watching an old, old Brit WWI TV series from the 70's titled "Wings" on YouTube. The kites are a bit dodgey but I am enjoying watching. I was unaware of any of the players save for one whom I had seen previously in "Sharpe's Rifles" or "Sharpe's something or other" that was also a lengthy series as well. His name is Michael Cochrane. Apparently this fellow has been in just about every Brit series there has been in the past 40 years. So he should be well known to you lot across the big wet spot.

Sorry about not posting DK. We are fortunate indeed to have someone so keen as you. He puts us to shame Dux. BTW where have you been Dux? Perhaps your band is now much more in demand and you are traveling? Maybe the snow is so deep in the Peaks you cannot see out the windows and the power being off as well you have no clue what time it is? You've actually posted more times than I have in these 15 years so could it be your ancient keyboard is so worn you can no longer make out the letters and, since you never completely memorized QWERTY, you cannot type? Inquiring minds need to know. wink

As for an after action report:

I took on a crowd of He111s headed for London yesterday morning. Here's what happened:

The closest bomber to port caught my eye. One engine was already giving off white smoke thanks to a Hurricane. I came from below and gave it several squirts of .303. That would be the bomber and not the Hurricane before you ask Dux. This put one engine out altogether and the other soon began trailing black smoke after another go at disabling it. The stricken bomber never made the banking turn with the other 111s and drew away from the formation in a long but steady descent. I followed it down a ways but it was a goner for sure. I saw no parachutes.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019