Folks,

Dux:

Gulp! Urine specimen? That would explain the faint salty taste then...cough, spit, sputter! Serves me right, I shall never underestimate you again. ;\)

In reply to your post regarding the missing draft animals; I can relate to that. Every time a new Oriental restaurant opens in the area the number of feral cats and dogs seems to decline markedly.

To each his own, eh? I was once parked for a red traffic light in front of one of those restaurants. All of a sudden an Oriental chap wearing a white apron ran from around back chasing a fleeing possum. He caught up to the beast right there in the street and grabbed it by the hind feet. For a while the fellow seemed to have the better of the critter as they wound in and out of traffic.

The fellow wearing the apron walked behind the possum holding his hind feet in a way that reminded me of someone pushing a wheel barrow. He was being pulled however and before he could maneuver the hapless creature back to the curb the light changed to green, the traffic started up and the man let go the possum and both scrambled for their lives in opposite directions.

No, although the food was quite good there, I never ate at that particular restaurant again.:)

Last edited by Jolly Roger Two; 02/18/07 06:25 PM.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019