Folks,

Dux:

Yes, Indeed the monarchy is alive and well and tottering about the ruins of Jamestown this very day. At lunchtime HM the Queen has gone one way and HRH the Duke some other. We assume this was not a terrible cock up and that this was a ploy simply meant to spread royalty around that way. Otherwise there will probably be some security branch heads rolling on the polo grounds in the near future.

You mention that 50 quid. HRH the Duke favors carriage racing does he not? Perhaps that is how that particular race horse got those markings? Give the aged fellow a break. At 200 years old he is lucky to be able to recognize the front of a horse much less the rear. And having said that I'm sure he has had occasion to see quite a lot of those horse's rears in his day....only some of them equine.

As leader of the horsey crowd of Britain, HM visits Kentucky fairly often. And as you point out, it is generally unannounced. There is one particular friend here that she loves to visit. A former ambassador. Not hush-hush this time. It has been on our TV for days and I saw it on the BBC last night.

As i mentioned last night, quite a bit of the Queen's stable of horse flesh has in fact come from Kentucky. I understand that the Royals will attend the Derby tomorrow and that this particular race in what is known over here as the "Triple Crown" is the only one she has never attended before. We wish her good luck in the race and a safe return.

I think it was Jay Lenno who so irreverently suggested that the real reason the Royals were over here was because they had a specially bred entrant in the race tomorrow...then he winked and wished Camilla best of luck..... ;\)

Shame, shame on him, I say.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019