Folks,

Dux:

Heard over the R/T:

Pop!Fizz! Growwwwl...static... "Acorn flight, this Papa Bear... Do you read? I have some trade for you over the Channel at angels 20"....

Growwwwl...static... "Papa Bear, this is Acorn flight....I read you 5 by 5...proceeding to angels 20."

"Acorn leader, this is Acorn 3, I see them above and at your 3:00. "I have them Acorn 3. Let's go chaps, there are only 2 of them...."

As Mad and C51 leap from their riddled craft and plunge through acres of cloud toward the earth at terminal velocity, Mad is thinking, "Bloody 'ell! I don't know how, but Dux has damn well had his trembling hand in this balls-up somehow." A thirsty C51 is thinking "Oh, Gawd, I left my bottle of Canadian Club in the crate." The Acorn flight leader is thinking, "Krikey! Two in one morning. I'll get the VC for this one." Acorn 2 and 3 are thinking, "Two in one morning, I'll get a bleedin' VC for this one." On the ground, a concerned Papa Bear is thinking, "Did I turn the gas oven down to regulo 2 before I left home this morning?"

Several blocks away, and sitting in his roaring Spitfire, Jrt is thinking, "Did C51 ever pay me the quid he owes me?" In the Spit next to JRT, Dux is thinking.... Wait! Hold on! A sense of propriety prevents me revealing his thoughts until that well-built young woman is completely out of his memory. OK. Here is what a self-satisfied Dux is thinking. "Those lucky chaps would probably thank me... well they might, if only they knew what really happened. It couldn't be a more beautiful day for a long splash in the Channel."

What comes around often goes around. Thanks to a tediously unsociable Me 110, by 11:00 AM, Dux would have the dubious opportunity of enjoying a lengthy splash himself and a much relieved JRT would finally remember that C51 had paid him that quid.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019