Folks,

These stories have been really enjoyable and so varied.

SNAFU:
Now that was really nice. It was well worth waiting for. Your stories are always good, yet every new story is better than the last.

As an example, you wrote:
" Explosions erupt from one of the ships. Seagulls are visible scrambling from the masts of the ship in every direction as the vessel begins to sink. Another ship is struck but it will be the last as the bulk of our response has now arrived and is taking a heavy toll on the raiders. A spitfire fills my windscreen as it passes closely chasing a defiant 109."

That reads like BOB is running through my mind. Well done.

OSRAM, Madaboutsims, you've exercised the muscles of my mind's eye thoroughly. I enjoyed every word. You both write so well I suggest you should do so even more often.

Bader:
Another page from your campaign diary. An account from you is like a shaft of extra sunshine on a cold winters day.

Now IMHO this is what this thread is all about. Let me see, what was that story idea I had in mind while flying last night? If I type something out I should be ashamed to post it now after reading this grand collection.

Your accounts are so much more true to the BOB experience than are mine. One day I solemnly promise I'll honestly try to write a straight account without all the superfluous twists, turns and extra embellishments.

Well, you better make that solemn promise just a firm commitment for a probable maybe.

------------------
"Blessed are they who expect nothing.
For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"

[This message has been edited by Jolly Roger Too (edited 02-10-2002).]