Folks,

Dux:

We can only guess... and be thankful we are not in her way as she plows methodically along toward her goal. If she is still sewing her wild oats that particular commodity must be available in great quantity by now.

I am pleased that SNAFU is not here to see what has befallen his prized automobile. After we traded in his Rolls, without his knowledge or consent I might add, the Bentley was purchased and it became his fondest possession. He even claimed he preferred it to the Rolls.

I can easily see why. Frankly he was lucky we traded that old bucket of bolts in for him when we did. After you drove it those 300 miles in low gear to the National Bar Maid Trials at Grimsley, then locked the transmission by speed shifting into reverse at 50 MPH, you had to return home entirely in reverse gear. After all that stress the vehicle, several motorists and more than a few pedestrians never were the same.

SNAFU finally forgave you of course and, to your lasting credit, the triple eight you burned in the tarmac at Grimsley has never been duplicated before or since. It has been said that so thick were the impressions that it was several years before the rubber tyre marks even began to fade and that the smell of burning rubber remained in the air until the famous hurricane of '32.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019