Folks,

SeaVee:

Thanks for posting the link my friend. I read it all and frankly I had almost forgotten writing that story. The fellow who posted his thoughts is right about those shows on the History Channel. Especially "Dogfight" on Friday night at 10 PM EST.

Since our Fearless Founder SNAFU went MIA, Dux and I have been carrying the load for a long spell now and we sure would like to have some more posters here once again at HWH Hall. The light is always on, the latch always out and a seat at the bar always reserved.

In case some lurking here are not aware, this long lived thread began during the flame wars at the time of Rowan's original release of BoB. There were many bugs in the game and tempers flared. Then, after a year or so, there were weeks of speculation, ranting and raving regarding the possible release of the source code. Things were hot.

SNAFU thought we needed a flame free zone where we could post stories of our prowess in the air and chew the fat without burning off anyone's tail wheel. He started HWH back in 2001 and it is still going after more than 5000 posts and over 500 pages. Six hundred posts were lost and I do not know how many pages several years ago with a major server crash. SNAFU launched HWH Continued.

Believe it or not, there has not been one flame posted here in all that time. Not many threads can boast of that. That was what SNAFU was most proud of. All our combat stories in the second reincarnation of HWH have been archived and are available, upon request, in MS Word format.

It is past time that we posted a new story or two I guess. Problem is I cannot run BoB 2 on my old rig and so I don't have it. I'm hoping Dux can post something soon. Meanwhile I may just post an oldie from the archives very soon.

What or whom has Olga been up to Dux?

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019